Ir al contenido principal

Fiorella's childhood memories


My favorite holiday has always been christmas since I got memory because of all the atmosphere you can feel on that days. I also love my birthday, in fact that's my favorite day of the year, but christmas... is the season.

I believe in Santa and I still write a letter to him every year and put it in my christmas boot, because here in my family each one has one with his name on it. Obviously I know that Santa, Saint Nicholas, isn't alive yet because he will be very ver very old if he was, but I think that everyone should have someone with them that act as santa for them, not for the gift, for the joy and the feeling instead. That's why other of my traditions when I was little was that on Christmas eve, when we go to sleep the table stayed with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk and other with water for the reindeers. I haven't don't that the last christmas but I still like to decor cookies just like when I was little.

I also watch and listen christmas movies or songs all the time in this season, and when I was little I had the tradition to offer a Christmas show for my family where i started dancing christmas songs, and now I just sing them. 

At christmas midnight since my childhood we have the tradition of singing happy birthday to baby Jesus with this sparkle wands all around and then pray. We had an uncle that his birthday was also at christmas so we singed to him too. And with that said, I can finish with my last christmas tradition; for me Christmas breakfast is not christmas breakfast if I don't have Patasca. You should be asking why? And what is Patasca? Well, Patasca is a soup from Peru's highlands that contains mote, lamb, mondongo, beef, and others ingredients, and I really liked it. My dad's family is from Jauja, and my uncle that I just mentioned is from my dad's family so on christmas all the years we go to his house on the morning to have breakfast with all my extend father's family, and my aunt always cooked that soup. I was little and get used to that all 25th of December we have Patasca for breakfast in house of my aunt Liz and uncle Chingo, and even when we were at Los Angeles with other part of my family and them too we ate Patasca for christmas breakfast, so it really stayed as a tradition. And when my uncle was no longer with us we still ate Patasca in my aunt Liz house, or now in my grandmother's house or in a restaurant but Patasca is a must for me for christmas breakfast. That's my most special tradition of christmas and i loved it.



Comentarios